Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Alisha - Quilt Block update



Hi, this is Alisha. Ashley and I have such an love for crafting that this should be a fun adventure. You can expect to see a lot of posts about quilting, my true love and likely gardening, cake making/decorating, crochet, jewelry making and hair bow making. Since this is my first post I figured I'd get my feet wet by posting some of the quilt blocks I've done this week for various virtual quilting bees hosted on flickr.


This block is for Krista of the Modern Blocks Bee - she sent us the solid black and turquoise fabrics and let us chose our block preference from the book 99 Modern Quilt Blocks (if you don't have this book you should get it!). This is block is best friends and I chose it because the finished quilt is for Krista's friend.



I was able to make a second block with the fabric Krista sent but I threw in a few of my own fabrics as well. This one is Binary and I think it turned out pretty cool.


Dorrie from the To Bee Orange and Aqua group sent out a lovely palette of orange, aqua and gray for her Roman Stripe blocks. I was able to make 2 (I would have loved to do more but I was out of the larger gray triangles). She made a great tutorial for foundation piecing the blocks which can be found here:


Finally I wanted to post a quick update on the progress of my rainbow hexie quilt. This is 254 1" hexies (meaning each side measures 1"). I've been in numerous charm square swaps (and even in a few as we speak) so I anticipate having a huge assortment of fabrics to use. I'm totally excited about how this will turn out. Do you think I should keep the rows straight as seen in the picture or should I turn it on the diagonal? I'm not set on the color graduation either, any suggestions?


If you're interested in following me on flickr you can find me here: Alisha's flickr photostream Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment