Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ashley - Mickey/Minnie party favor bags!

Now I have to make the Minnie version of this still but I wanted to post my Mickey version because I think it turned out adorable :) I will be making these to use as party favor bags to hid all the goodies and we are also going to have a pinata so the kiddos can use their little bags for that too! I will also take better pictures tomorrow when I actually have light. (this house is horrible because I'm in a townhome and we are in the middle unit so no window on two sides of the house )



Now let me tell you how I did it. With your red felt you will need to cut out 2 pieces that are 7 in. by 11 in. Then in the bottom corners you will cut out 2 in. by 2 in. square. You will also need to cut 2 pieces of black felt 4 in. by 11 in. for the top and two ovals for the ears and two little wite ovals for Mickey's little buttons. Here are all my pieces cut.



I started by sewing the corners into the red pieces. This is what the corners should look like.



Then I attached the black pieces to the red pieces like so.


Now you will sew the bag together. You will sandwich the bag pieces outsides touching each other and you will put the ear pieces in between the bag pieces. I suggest you pin it all. If you didn't understand my funky wording lol here is what mine looked like before I sewed it together.


Make sure that when you sew your seams on each side of the bag are lining up and the seams at the corners line up so your bag lines up nice. Don't be afraid to tug a little to make things line up :)


Once you have sewn everything together turn it right side in and trim all your threads. Next I put on my little white buttons. What I did was hot glue them just so it was easier to line them up the way I wanted them but you can choose to sew them it's up to you.


You're almost done! The final thing to do is I took some 7/8 in. ribbon and cut two 18 in. pieces folded it and doubled an inch of it over and put the raw end up against the bag so that it's hidden when you sew it together and I just used a zig zag stitch making it as large as I could and ran the seam. And this is the end result!



All together planning, cutting, and sewing it took me about an hour so it's a pretty quick process now that you have the dimensions and the know how. So get working and have fun!!!

UPDATE: As promised, I am posting a picture of the Minnie Mouse bag for you too. Just got done with it!


I know it's hard to see the handle color, Minnie's is white and Mickey's is yellow :) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment