Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ashley - Minnie mouse wall art

     Hey everyone! I hope you had a very happy holidays! I have been working on getting my little girls bathroom all set up for her. We are starting with introducing her to the potty so I want to make her bathroom a little more hers and make it somewhere that makes her want to go use that potty lol. So one of the few projects that I have been planning to do was find a form of wall art to put in there. Then I remembered Melody received a duplicate set of Minnie mouse puzzles at Christmas time.



     So instead of returning them or letting them just sit and get no use I decided to use those as my wall art so Melody could still enjoy them and they would get some use :) So I rounded up my supplies.



Supplies:
1 20 X 30 foam board
Black paint
Staple gun
7/8 in. molding
and I used my glue gun too

     So first off I got my loving husband to cut the molding for me, I have a hard enough time cutting my own fabric haha so I asked him to handle that one. While Ben was cutting I got to work cutting the foam board. Just take your time and be sure to measure twice, cut once ;)



Next came the painting. Now these puzzles aren't made with the most precision ever so when we were fitting the molding we notice little gaps where the puzzle warped a little so what I did was I painted the edges of the foam board as well as the molding so if the puzzles and the molding didn't meet absolutely perfectly then it would be no big deal because the white wouldn't show through.


     Once these were painted and dried I just decided to hot glue everything because well I couldn't find my wood glue haha. First I hot glued down the actual puzzle to the foam board.



     After that was taken care of, one by one I fit the molding pieces and then glued them down. When I was certain the glue was cool and everything was secure I took the time to touch up any little spots I missed painting. Finally for the last step instead of buying hangers what we did was we just put a couple staples in the back and cut a little of the foam board away by the staples. It's easy, quick, and you save money buying special little hangers. These are very light so there is real risk of it coming apart.


     And there you have it, your ready to hang up your brand new wall art and brighten up any space! 


     Here is a little sneak peek of the bathroom but my big project isn't done yet so you will just have to wait until I get finished to see the whole finished product. But while you wait I want to show you the other puzzle that we have done this with. This hangs in our dining room and you have seen pictures of it but you probably didn't recognize it. 


     See? A puzzle my husband and I finished and didn't want to put away :) Enjoy everyone!!! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment