Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Alisha - 10 Inch Kaffe Fassett Shot Cotton Swap


Alisha here! Who doesn't love a great solid? I know I do but I've been a little lax in trying all the varieties available to me. If Kona has been all you've used as well (I promise I won't tell!) this is the swap for you. I made a post on flickr which you can find here, to try and judge interest for a solids swap. The overwhelming response was Kaffe Fassett Shot Cotton in layer cakes size (10 inch squares). I promised I would get the swap up and running (and honestly, who isn't chomping at the bit for this one?) and here it is!



I borrowed this picture from Rita @ Red Pepper Quilts


Welcome to the 10 inch Kaffe Fassett Shot Cotton Swap.

This will be a centralized swap, meaning, all blocks will be sent to me. I will sort them and send them back.

Please use only Kaffe Fassett Shot Cotton, from a non-smoking home. Do not pre-wash. Iron for accurate cutting of squares.

Shot Cotton colors can be viewed here...

http://www.westminsterfabrics.com/pub/singlepattern.jsp?designer=Kaffe%20Fassett&image=&pattern=Shot+Cottons&img=SC34&collection=Wovens&category=0&catname=&newitem=0

Shot Cotton can be found at many on-line shops including: (I’m not affiliated with any of these shops just trying to make it easier for everyone to find.)

http://www.stitchinpost.com/shotcottons.html


http://portsmouthfabric.com/Products.cfm?CategoryID=12

I will not be assigning colors you are free to select the color of your choosing. As soon as you pick your color, I ask that you post the picture and the color name. This will avoid duplications.

International members are welcome. I will Paypal you an invoice when I return your squares.

Here is the fine print:

*purchase 2.5 yards of a Kaffe Fassett Shot Cotton

*you will cut 32~~ 10 inch squares
          ***You will need to have one continuous length of the 2.5 Kaffe Fassett Shot Cotton
                Iron well, Fold selvedge to selvedge (trim selvages off, please).
                You will cut 8 ---10 inch strips the width of the fabric.
                Then you will be able to sub-cut each strip into 4--10 inch blocks
                4X8=32!

*post a picture of the shot cotton you choose with its name for all to see on the flickr site to avoid duplication

*mail to me and include a self-addressed stamped envelope inside your package, please use stamps. The PO does not care for the self-printed label. I use the flat rate envelopes for my swaps and have never had a problem.

* please place in a zip lock bag; include your name and flickr name.

* I will send you back one of each of the colors for a total of 32 different shot cotton colors.

There will be 32 spots available - once full I'll remove the sign up sheet from the blog.

Please mail your cut squares by March 25th, 2013. I’ll sort and send fabrics shortly after they are all received.


The official swap page can be found on flickr here. Once you've signed up please head back to flickr and post your color selections!



UPDATE 3/18/13: We are full. Thank you so much for visiting and keep your eyes open for more swaps! Pin It

1 comment: