Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Alisha - Bee Blocks

I've been a busy girl carrying 12 credits this term, t-ball started for both kids, cub scout leading and sewing. Some days I wonder how exactly I'll get it all done but by the end of the week it all seems to come together. This week I've been finishing bee blocks like a mad woman and managed to complete 9 blocks.

This block I made from the book Modern Blocks, Piece of the Garden is featured on pages 134-135. The fabrics were provided by the bee hostess, Laural of the Modern Blocks Bee.


Then, as I announced earlier, I joined the Granny Block Bee which was already underway so I had to go about catching myself up!

Here are blocks for CTNHTX, she was co-hostess in February an requested blocks in fall colors:
 
Blocks for Kelli (The Stitch Fairy) our other hostess for February, she requested that the inner 5 piece be of the same color range and the outter ring of another.


Blocks for Tessophia, she was the co-hostess for March and she requested blocks in reds, pinks and aqua (a girl after my own heart!). She also asked that we include a couple extra 2.5" blocks in prints from the blocks so she could use them for sashing:


Last but not least blocks for Ledgett, she requested bright blocks with black included somewhere within the block:


This week was very trying for me with a trip to the dentist, a fight with the bank about a tax document and a letter that I was being verified by the college for my financial aid. Thankfully, I had a few unexpected packages show up which really changed the coarse of the whole week for me! I used to swap with the ladies in the ACALF swap but it has become dormant, lucky I found MFSG! We swap 4 fat quarters, chocolate if we choose and a notion item.

My partner was findingsweetland and she sent me this lovely package! We agreed to not send candy but an extra fat quarter instead. I gave her a list of my favorite and she tried so hard (and succeeded) in covering al the bases!


Here you can see the package broken down:



She included prints from Tula Pink, Denyse Schmidt, Lotta Jansdotter and a true blue print (I'm short on blue in my stash for some reason). Not to mention the extra scraps, the thread and a really nice card! I can't thank you enough Jayme!


 And if that wasn't enough I got another package in he mail from the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap. If you remember I sent a really fun camping/critter inspired needlebook but I was unaware who my partner was. I waited (rather impatiently!) for my package to arrive and boy was a surprised it had to come all the way from New Zealand! I got this fun little fabric basket/bag from Seven Stitches with a load of fun polka dotty scraps and really fun flavored chocolate from a local shop (chili lime)!



Thank you so much ladies you truly made my day!






 



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleased you liked it, and that is arrive in a otherwise difficult week. I'm sorry, I was a little slow in getting it in the mail.

    The chocolate shop is just a few door from my house so I love having an excuse to stop in.

    ReplyDelete